This week we look at Skweal, a great free tool to collect fan feedback offline. Keep negative feedback off twitter and Facebook. And of course we discuss the news including Foursquare specials and MLB makes some more major moves into streaming.
Skweal – Link
- Get instant fan feedback “In Real life”
- Keeps negative reviews off social networks
- Allows you to solve problems directly
Walk through from fans perspective
- Signage “Speak directly to a manager, visit skweal.com on your mobile”
- Asks for location, Pick business to give feedback
- Write comment, rate with stars, contact info
- Submit, thank you email, auto responce…
Walk through from business perspective
- Sign up and claim location – phone verification
- You will get emails immediately now
- Inbox of feedback
- Contact details, social influence rating
- Reply – logs all communications, like a ticket
- Make notes
- Give special discount voucher/code
So far free, look for premium features to be added at a price.
If you try out skweal we want to know, hit us up at email@example.com or send us a tweet @rowshow. and as always if you have any tips, or questions contact as well, and we help you out on the next show.
Foursquare’s new “Specials” – Link
- Now businesses can clam their location and setup their own specials, like facebook deals. Without the need for comprehensive “Deal” with foursquare
- Options are: Swarm, Friends, Flash, Newbie, Check-in, and old ones: Loyalty, Mayor
Bobcats Hire Fans to sell tickets – Link
- Fans given a link and passcode to sell tickets through their social networks.
- Share your link and passcode on your social networks or via email and sell as many tickets as you can.
- Top 10 ticket seller will win their choice of prizes including, meet Michael Jordan & 2 Courtside Tickets, 2011-12 season tickets, or Suite for a game and meet and greet w/ players.
- Most of the prizes have a very high perceived value but cost the team very little.
- Team assures their fans they will make the playoffs this year. (Currently in 9th place)
MLB Dream Job – Link
- Major League Baseball has put on a contest to win a chance to “Live every baseball fan’s dream job.”
- Fan will watch every MLB game this season
- Games will be watched simultaniously
Digital March Madness – Link
- March madness style bracket matching the 68 best colleges in terms of digital media use.
- Seeds were calculated using a weighted average between how the teams connect on social media, the level of access they give you to their program, the level of branding and emotion they deliver, the quality and depth of content and (naturally) the intangibles.
MLB and NBA come to apple TV – Link
- Very app-like, stats, standings, scores, and of course video
Knicks use Youtube Lip Synching Sensation in promo – Link
- Knicks take to social media in what appears to be an attempt at viral branding.