This week we share a twitter analytics tool currently in private beta called Crowdbooster. See valuable insights about your tweets and measure their impact. And of course we talk about the latest news.
Quick Tip – CrowdBooster
- People Reached
- Schedule to reach more
- Follower growth
- Influential Followers
- Top Retweeters
- Follow builder
- Download Reports
- Require tweet to watch YouTube video
Create real time overlay ads for video content – Link
- 140 fire Mark Cuban backed program allows advertisers, publishers, and media buyers to create interactive ad content and polls to overlay on streaming or pre-recorded video.
- Ads will appear as a small bar on the bottom of the screen, but unlike those of its ilk, they allow viewers to remain in the content, answering polls while continuing to watch the video.
- Mark Cuban and Robert Kraft are two of the head investors.
- Allows the viewers to interact with the shows they are watching.
Carmelo Anthony trade’s effect on social media – Link
- Not only did the trade change the face of both the Knicks and Nuggets franchises but it also changed the face of their social media presence.
- In the week since the trade, the Knicks have had 36,914 new Facebook fans (8.5% increase) and 9,261 new twitter followers (14.8% increase).
- The affect on teams who lose major players does not appear as drastically in social media. For example, the Cleveland Cavs are still sixth in the NBA in total social media followers. Teams have been able to hang onto their digital fan base despite losing their all-stars.
Why are Soccer teams so effective with their social media presence? – Link
- FC Barcelona is first sports team to have 10 Million Likes on Facebook.
- Of the 10 most “liked” sports teams on Facebook, 8 are Soccer Clubs.
- Only the LA Lakers and Boston Celtics make the top 10 and only account for 10 percent and six percent of those fans respectively.
- What’s made soccer teams so successful in drawing fans to their social media pages?
- Why haven’t hugely popular American teams like the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers been able to generate the same digital fanbase?
Fan Snap Ticketing Website – Link
- Compares ticket prices from several different ticketing sites.
- Interactive map of seating with available tickets.
- Over 17 million tickets to 65,000 events.
- Over 50 different sites they draw tickets from.