*Sorry for the audio issues*
This week Craig Pintens, Director of Marketing at LSU, joined us. We talked about his recent trip to Hong Kong, and what he’s learned from his first year at LSU. In the news: KU Flash Mob, NBA and Marvel comics, Uniform sponsorship in the big 4, IntoNow, UFC.tv. And also a mini quicktip with GLIF.
- New clothing line to pair NBA teams with Super Heroes.
- Different than NHL’s approach of creating Super Heroes for each team.
- Does this crossover marketing make sense?
Should the “Big 4” American sports sell sponsorship on uniforms? – link
- Leaving combined $370 million on the table.
- NFL uniform sponsorship rights predicted at $230 million.
- Top EPL team bring in over $30 million annually.
IntoNow is Foresquare for TV – link
- Just relesed for Apple app store, IntoNow is an app similar to Shazam, it listens to the show you’re watching then tells you what show it is.
- It then takes this information and posts it to your social networks.
- Friends can comment on what you’re watching, specific characters, etc…
UFC.TV and Live Broadcasting on Facebook – link
- UFC broadcasts live fight on Facebook
- UFC.TV allows users to control the broadcast they’re watching.
- Six (6) live video feeds
- Multiple simultaneous feeds through Picture-in-Picture and Quad View
- Built-in DVR controls (to pause, rewind, and fast-forward fights with a click of a mouse)
- Live Audio controls (to hear the live broadcast or audio from the coaches corner)
- Live chat and twitter integration
- Interactive scoring module that allows fans to judge the fight live
Mini Quick Tip
GLIF iPhone tripod adapter – Linkcomics, craig pintens, crowdcameo, flash mob, glif, hong kong, intonow, kansas, ku, lsu, lsupintens, marvel, mike the tiger, nba, row27, rowshow, sponsorship, Sports Marketing, the glif, ufc