This week we talk about social media monitors, including: Twazzup, Addict-o-matic, Social Mention and Google Alerts. Also a we answer an fan question about Quora. In the news: Audi Super Bowl ad, Angry Birds Super Bowl coupon, Twerrible Towel, Gigapixel FanCam, iAd twice as effective as TV, Portland Timbers design our plane contest.
Quicktip – Social Media Monitors
Twazzup – Link
- Monitors twitter for set of keywords
- Categorizes (Links, Photos, Videos, Articles, etc…)
- Organizes by influence, frequency
Addict-o-matic – Link
- Similar to twazzup, with more sources
- Bring in fresh web searches, more video, friendster
Social Mention – Link
- Mostly facebook (public posts)
- Key Difference, analysis – Strength, Sentiment, Passion, Reach
- Export of all data to excel!
Google Alerts – Link
- Simple daily/etc.. reports about your keywords
- Realitime, Blogs, Videos, Discussions, etc…
These are just a few ways to monitor chatter on your brand, if you have a tool you like to use or have experience with one of these let us know, email us at Fans@rowshow.com or tweet us @rowshow and we’ll talk about it on the air.
Fan question from @alancassinelli asking us to talk about Quora. Specifically: How can #Sportsbiz use Quora?
- Quora is a Q/A site for professionals
- On Quora you ask, and follow questions
- There is a little #SportsBiz traffic on Quora, and the pros are showing up.
- Find the SportsBiz roll call question, and start following.
- Ask questions and link to them externally as much as possible
- Answer questions (less opinion more fact)
Audi Superbowl commercial to use twitter hashtag. – Link
A commercial for Angry Birds will be shown during superbowl, embedded code for access to a secret level. – Link
Terrible Towel – Link
- Every #Steelernation tweet makes the towel twirl
FanCam from AFC Championship – Link
- Tag yourself in stadium with MCDonalds as sponsor
- Hi-Res Photo from 50yd Line allowing individuals to find themselves in stadium.
- Pics can be ordered as additional Revenue Source
iAd twice as effective as TV – Link
- Study done for Campbell’s soup by Nielsen Research
- Double Ad recall of TV ad, 3x Messaging recall, 5x brand “Campbell’s recall
- Shows effectiveness of consumer engagement over interactive mobile promotions
- Winner = Two first-class tickets to Hawaii on Alaska Airlines, two club seats to the Timbers’ inaugural home match on April 14, 2011, as well as a team-autographed Timbers jersey.
- #2 = Two coach tickets to anywhere Alaska flies within the United States or Canada, a team-autographed Timbers jersey and two complimentary tickets to a 2011 match of their choice (based on availability).
- #3 = The third-place design will receive two coach tickets on Alaska to anywhere Alaska flies within the continental United States or Canada and a $50 gift card to the Timbers Team Store or online shop.
See more of our work at row27.com. Don’t forget to send your questions to be answered on future shows. Send us a reply @ROWSHOW on twitter or an email. Subscribe in iTunes: HD Video, iPod Video, Audio OnlyTags: addict-o-matic, aid, angry birds, audi, fancam, gigapixel, google alert, plane, portland, quora, row27, rowshow, social media, social mention, sports business, Sports Marketing, super bowl, terrible, terrible towel, timbers, tv, twazzup