This week we show you how to search all your social media interactions and more with Greplin.com. In the news unique sponsorship activation, the Facebook “send” button, and those damn Yankees.
Quicktip – Search You Social
Greplin personal search – Link
- Teams are finding unique ways of promoting their sponsors.
- Hydro Quebec (Electric Company) uses the zamboni where as Taylor Made uses the foul pole at Petco Park in San Diego. Blake Griffin uses a Kia to win the NBA dunk contest.
Facebook Launches ‘Send’ Button – Link
- Click on a webpage that has the Send button integrated, and you’ll be prompted to share it with any of your Facebook Groups, your Facebook friends, or any standard email address.
- It’s always been easy to share links within Groups, but this lowers the bar even further because you don’t have to leave the page you’re reading — you can imagine people using the button to share book reviews with their book club, close friends sharing new ideas for travel destinations, and so on.
Yahoo! buys IntoNow TV Checkin App – Link
- IntoNow launched just 12 weeks ago. That’s $0 to $30 million (roughly) in just under three months. Second, Yahoo moved fast — really fast — to get this deal done. And they had to — Facebook and Twitter were interested as well.
- They already have between 500,000 and a million users, even though they’re iPhone-only currently. And the amount of content tagged was at a million after just one month, but they’re way past that now.
- What will Yahoo! do with IntoNow?
Yankees employee accidentally leaks personal info – Link
- The New York Yankees accidentally distributed a file containing information on more than 20,000 season ticket accounts. The spreadsheet contains account numbers, names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, and was mistakenly sent to thousands of current clients.
From the Yankees:
- Your name, and the address, phone number(s), fax number, and e-mail address that you previously provided to the Yankees.
- Your seat numbers, Yankees account number, Yankees account representative name, and the ticket package code associated with your account.
- NO OTHER INFORMATION WAS INCLUDED IN THE DOCUMENT THAT WAS ACCIDENTALLY ATTATCHED TO THE APRIL 25TH E-MAIL. THE DOCUMENT DID NOT INCLUDE ANY BIRTH DATES, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, CREDIT CARD DATA, BANKING DATA OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
Tom Brady’s Alternative to the Royal Wedding – Link
- Don’t care about the Royal Wedding? No problem, you can hang out with Tom Brady and chat about the previous night’s draft picks as well as the middle and late rounds on Friday and Saturday.
- Brady will be making several appearences as a part of his endorsement deal with Under Armour.