This week Andy Rentmeester of the Oakland Raiders joins us to share his experience in developing team Twitter policies and marketing strategy. In the news we discuss MLB at bat 2009 sales and MLB.tv streaming improvements. Also Oregon sprouts wings, and William & Mary ditch Colonel Ebrit.
Don’t forget to send your questions to be answered on future shows. Send us a reply @ROWSHOW on twitter.
- MLB Details Streaming Plan – Link
- MLB Advanced Media splits Rev 50/50 with local rights holder on all in market streams
- Break Blackout Logjam for local events
- $49.95/rest of season, or $19.95/month
- MLB AtBat 2009 Sales Figures – Link
- Select Full games available
- Over 220,000 apps sold at $9.99…over $1.5 million in revenue after Apple’s 30 percent
- Oregon Football Uniforms – Link
- William & Mary Mascot Competition – Link
- Team changing name from “Tribe”
- Last mascot “Colonel Ebrit” (tribe spelled backwards)
- Asked fans for submissions, over 400 received including Asparagus, Fresian Horse, and nine types of birds.
- Phoenix appears to be the early online favorite
Interview – Andy Rentmeester
Tags: colonel ebrit, mlb, mlb at bat, mlb.tv, oakland raiders, oregon ducks, oregon jerseys, raiders, row27, rowshow, Sports Marketing, twitter, william & mary